The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the .NET Developer opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related degree.
- At least four years of related work experience (5+ preferred) in a software development role and a proven ability to develop applications and services that run in Windows environments.
- Demonstrated proficiency in:
- .NET development.
- Microsoft SQL 2008/2012/2016 scripting and queries.
- Crystal Reports XI/2016.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership abilities.
- Strong organizational skills.
- The ability to maintain confidential information.
- Microsoft SQL Reporting Services 2008/2012/2016.
- Visual Basic 6 and Visual Studio .NET.
- Microsoft IIS Server 6/7/8/10.
- Proficient in Apple iOS application development.
- Strong familiarity with one or more SDLC methodology (agile, iterative, waterfall, etc.).
- Relevant professional certifications, including certification related to SDLCs.
You can work from any of our facilities in Michigan. You also will need to be willing and able to spend up to 25% of the time at other Dakkota facilities. Many facilities are close enough to one another that you can be home at night (Lansing, Rochester, Holt, Brighton and Brownstown, for example), while others (such as Chicago, Louisville and Toledo) will require overnight travel.
You'll visit the various locations for launches, changeovers, etc. Once the initial implementation and launches are past, you may be able to do more work remotely, meaning that, over time, you may travel less.
The RoleReporting to the IT Manager, you will join a growing team that includes other resources in programming and support administration. This team is responsible for supporting production and networking, and interacts with IT Managers and Administrators in each of our 14 facilities. We are part of the larger Dakkota IT organization.
Here at Dakkota we are largely a Microsoft shop, and you will leverage your MS skills in focusing on the new MES, learning it thoroughly and making it your own. This will involve a good deal of new development, mostly in .NET, although you also will touch on MS SQL, VB, IIS 8, HTML5, Crystal Reports and other technologies. We expect the rollout will take about three months, and after that you will support continuous improvement of the system.
More specifically, you will:
- Act as SME relating to MES development, implementation and maintenance.
- Maintain the existing MES.
- Develop new applications and services to support the manufacturing process.
- Develop new web UI interface(s) to enhance current system.
- Develop database structure to support new applications and service or to enhance our current software suite.
- Support production in reducing / eliminating equipment and tooling downtime or scrap, utilizing good analytical methodologies.
- Maintain production broadcast systems, error-proofing systems, and customer interface / communication (software).
- Maintain back up software for production-based broadcast systems, error-proofing systems, and customer interface / communication.
- Support departmental projects, VA/VE and/or Six Sigma activities.
- Develop and maintain production / broadcast system instructions and /or disaster recovery records (software).
- Document all activities as required.
- Handle any additional responsibility deemed necessary by management.
What's in It for YouHigh Visibility
You will own the core system supporting production across our company, and interact with people in IT, production and other areas in all our locations. Your development activities will help people achieve goals and support uptime in a business model in which just-in-time (JIT) performance is critical.
You will learn the new MES directly from the consultant who created it, expanding your .NET and other knowledge across diverse processes and equipment, including state-of-the-art robotics. Since our employees make extensive use of iPhones, you'll also learn iOS development, if you don't already know it. We're committed to helping team members build their careers here through training, mentorship, and a unique tuition assistance program . . . we'll help pay for education even if it is not directly related to your job.
Success in this role could set you up to chart a career path within Dakkota that matches your goals, whether you are interested in pursuing a management role or expanding your responsibilities as a technical resource. We often expand operations and even open new facilities, creating opportunities for strong performers.
Autonomy and Support
While we're a large company, you'll find that we are very close, and everyone helps each other. However, we'll still expect you to drive and manage your responsibilities as a self-starter. That means you'll have the autonomy to thrive and excel, while knowing there's strong support when you need it.
Dakkota CEO Andra Rush has created companies that do more than generate profit: they impact the local community and economy by providing training and putting Americans to work. Rush was honored by President Obama in his State of the Union address in January 2014, along with GM CEO Mary Barra, for demonstrating the "strength of our work ethic and the scope of our dreams."
Building Community, Creating Jobs
At Dakkota we strive to enhance the communities where we live and work by being environmentally and socially responsible and ensuring fair and equitable employment. We provide multiple opportunities for employees to make a positive impact on their community by devoting volunteer hours and resources to local charities, as you can see in the pictures here. We're always looking for new ways to make a difference. Our employees have supported organizations like the United Way, Salvation Army, and Autism Speaks, as well as local food banks and schools.
We enjoy working together toward common goals here at Dakkota. In fact, we have vision and culture committees to help clarify and communicate those values. We are also strongly committed to diversity and have been awarded the Michigan Minority Supplier Development Console (MMSDC) Supplier of the Year Award for the last three years. We are a close-knit team, and we celebrate with birth announcements, seasonal picnics and parties, employee service awards, and more.
In addition to a competitive salary and discretionary bonus, we offer comprehensive benefits. Our benefits include comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, prescription, and vision insurance programs; a 401(k) plan with company match; flexible spending accounts; tuition assistance; in-house training; company-paid employee life insurance and short-term disability insurance; voluntary employee life insurance and long-term disability insurance; voluntary spousal/dependent life insurance; paid holidays; and paid vacations.
Keys to SuccessYour technical knowledge will be essential, but just as important will be the interpersonal skills to interact effectively with IT colleagues and users. You will help manage the change that accompanies a new implementation, and you'll need to help users see how the new systems and applications will work to their advantage. We foster a continuous improvement culture, so you will find people open to positive change.
You will start with a focused learning effort in order to master the MES before we being rolling it out, slated for early Q2 2017. With your strong .NET background, it shouldn't be a huge stretch, but we'll look to you to be proactive about learning as quickly as possible.
In addition, to be an outstanding .NET Programmer, you will:
- Bring a strong sense of urgency to our fast-paced, high volume JIT environment.
- Develop good working relationships and earn the trust and respect of your colleagues through a collaborative, team player approach.
- Remain flexible and adaptable as priorities change.
- Continuously build your knowledge of relevant technologies.
- Bring a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Keep a constant eye out for opportunities to improve processes.
About UsDakkota Integrated Systems was formed in 2001 to create a supplier that could thrive in a fast-paced, cost-competitive environment to support automotive original equipment manufacturers. We have excelled at delivering quality, process control and innovative solutions for warranty and sustainability concerns to address our customers' needs.
Outstanding customer service and agility have propelled Dakkota from one facility with one customer to 13 facilities with GM, Ford, Chrysler, and many other customers in 13 years, earning launch and supplier partner awards along the way. Dakkota was among the first automotive suppliers to be awarded complete interior integration programs for General Motors. We dedicate resources to each new program and co-locate with our customers for a fully integrated approach.
Our in-house capabilities include:
- Extensive use of proven engineering disciplines: DFMEA, GD&T, FEA, VE/VA, and PFMEA
- Development of assembly tooling and fixtures
- Packaging development and validation for complete systems, including customer-directed components
Our vision and culture are firmly based on our high regard for our customers and solid respect for our employees. Dakkota strives to be one of the best places to work in North America, to maintain our reputation for best-in-class customer service, and to be known as a company that is "built to last."
Video: An overview of Dakkota's organization, business units, accolades and values.